Summer Watermelon Salad
- One small watermelon
- Arugula—a big bunch of it
- Oil-cured black olives, pitted, about 4 ounces
- Feta cheese, about 4–6 ounces
- Chopped nuts, ½ cup-ish (optional)
- Good balsamic for drizzling
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- First you buy those watermelons you saw by the side of the road. There were only four. Probably all they had. So go back and get ’em all. This recipe will help you use them up.
- Cube one small to medium melon and add a big bunch of Arugula gently torn, black oily olives, and some of that amazing creamy farmstand goat feta (it is soft and silky sweet, with just a hint of earth and maybe spice—God, it’s good), also broken up. Maybe add a few chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Drizzle with a little good balsamic and some sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Oh my. That’s all. Just oh my.