Lobster Mac ’n Cheese
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 16 ounces cream or whole milk
- 8 ounces shredded sharp white cheddar
- 6 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces mascarpone
- 4 ounces Gruyère cheese
- 1 pound lobster meat, shredded (You can order lobster tails from your fish market in prepackaged bags. You may need to shred it more thoroughly)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 big shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring salted water to a boil and add macaroni. Cook 8 to 10 minutes (do not overcook). In a double boiler, combine the cheddar cheese, 4 ounces of the Parmesan cheese, the mascarpone, and Gruyère cheeses and heat until well blended. I gradually add the milk cream mixture along the way so that it is really smooth. Mix with the pasta.
- Pour into ramekins and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top with the leftover Parm.
- Bake at 350ºF till bubbly.